Tuesday 19 June 2012

City of London

I could see it coming but I hate it when people wont even speak to the homeless. "Excuse me, I'm not asking for any money, like everyone thinks I am. Thanks for stopping. Not many people do when they see the state of me." Short, underfed, dirty baseball cap, decayed teeth, dirty hands and finger nails;  I wasn't surprised that nobody stopped. "I dont want money but I wondered if you would help pay for a night in a hostel. Its only £12 for a week". I had only a few pence in my pocket so I gave him a fiver. "Ah man, thats great thanks". He had only gone 5 yards when I called him back to give him another tenner. "Do you want to come round the corner. The hostel's only a minute away?"

I dont know whether the money went on a room or drugs, but what does it matter? New mortgage soon so let's help out while I can.


The Shard from Monument. Here the tallest building in Europe is reduced in size by the camera angle and its location squeezed between foreground buildings. Because it has nothing but glass there is little to give it scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment